Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A forced post

Here I am forcing myself to start writing this post.

I feel so unmotivated today. I feel like I should be talking about procrastination or something since that's what I'm doing. It's not so much that I procrastinate the important things though. I've been doing my work and getting stuff done pretty well, despite still having a long to-do list.

I'm just not doing the less-important things that I should be doing. Blogging is a prime example. I was in Canada over the weekend without a computer, so I took a little hiatus. Then when I came back I was exhausted yesterday, and now I'm really just forcing myself to keep typing.

Another thing I should be doing is reading. One of my goals for this semester is to read three books I have not read before. I started "The Octopus" by Frank Norris in the Vancouver airport but I haven't touched it since coming home. The first chapter was very good, the descriptions were beautifully done.

I should also be doing some more cleaning around the house. A couple of my areas are falling behind and I just haven't done what I should on a timely basis. I definitely do have a problem with laziness. It's just so much easier to turn on a video game or the internet and content myself with that then to actually challenge myself to do something worthwhile.

I don't want to be too much of a downer, so I think I'll just end this post. My writing is so much better if I start before 11 PM, but tonight I started around 12:45 AM. Urgh. I need a good night's sleep and the clarity of a new day. Carpe crastinum.

1 comment: