Wednesday, August 21, 2013

On blogging and perspective

My first blog post was three days ago and this post will be the fourth post in four days. I say first blog post, though I did have a whiny online diary when I was in highschool for a time. I'm definitely not counting that, but kudos to you if you can find it (is that a challenge?). I've been thinking about the amount of posts I want to make. I realize that one a day is a lot for a first time blogger, but I'm going to try it and see if I run out of things to talk about or become stressed by the attempt. I have a lot to say, so it might not be a problem.

My previous posts have all been of decent length (to my mind) but I'm planning on having some be shorter. Today all I really want to share with you is the changes in perspective I have experienced since starting this blog.

As I have been going throughout my day I have recently starting thinking more about the experiences I am having and the thoughts that come to my mind. Whenever a topic comes to mind that I think might make a good post I store it on the notepad on my phone so I can transfer it to the computer later. This process has made me really take the time to consider my thoughts on things that I would normally not even bother to think about. I do believe it is causing me to be more present to everything going on around me, which is certainly a good thing. Oftentimes I can easily fall into the trap of not bothering to pay attention to things that do not entertain me, which is certainly a weakness of my generation.

I'm rather excited to see if I can continue to write this blog regularly. I can already see positive outcomes in my life.

Pax et bonum!

No comments:

Post a Comment